Monday, November 16, 2009

I Used to Read by Professor Bert Lorenzo


I used to read biography.

My mom bought them for me.

She said I’d learn about success

and how to avoid catastrophe.


I used to read World Book Encyclopedia.

All summer I read article after article.

What a cornucopia!


I used to read history.

I learned events repeat themselves

so the future really isn’t a mystery.


I used to read fiction.

In college it became my predilection.

I read it so much it felt like an addiction.


I read all sorts of things

from the Bible to Lord of the Rings.


Every day now I read the paper.

Filled with news when I leave my house

I feel safer.


I read everything from anthropology to zoology.

I even skim astrology.


I turn page after page

in search of wisdom from some sage.


I read all sort of text.

What will I read next?


Copyright 2009

2 comments:

Stephanie Packer said...

This was fun! I read it!

Audrey Hadley said...

Cute...I liked it!