Tuesday, November 24, 2009

The Disability by Ms. Yasmin Moses


I have a disability.

It is not visible; therefore, you would never know if you saw me walking down the street!


It is not rare, but it is gives me motivation.

This disability challenges my learning.

It does not define me, but it does hurt me!

It is an agonizing pain that is consistently in the back of my mind.

It has broken my understanding and gives me no remorse.

This is a silent disability that only surfaces when it's time to calculate, read, or write.


It is defined as dyscalculia, dyslexia, and dyscraphia…

The worst part of this disability is it has been a part of my life for a long time.

Yet, in retrospect, it is a disability that I have learned to make an ability.

I have failed and succeeded through it.

Many try to understand, but they simply do not!

I must admit it has driven me to conquer my fears, fear of learning…

The disability arrived well in stride when I reached college, and still exists to this day!


The dream overcame the disability and made college possible,

because I made this disability, an ability within me!

Dedicated to those who learn differently, always remember a disability, is an ability!



1 comment:

Audrey Hadley said...

Yasmin, I really liked this! You are an inspiration to a lot of people, with and without disabilities. I'm so proud of you!Your will to succeed makes me smile and is an encouragement to me.