Friday, June 15, 2007

Hero in My Life by Yasmin Moses

Hero in my life
You taught me so much, but when I realized you stepped out of my life in the blink of an eye, the impact you’ve left on me; I could not thank you enough for all you’ve done.
Dad, now I know the true meaning of “you do not know what you have until it is gone”
Everyday I wake up and I utilize everything you taught me: mind your manners, treat
Everyone like family, and always remember school is your education of life. Those phrases echo in my ears everyday.
Hero in my life
I miss your advice
I live each day to its fullest just like you did.
I sometimes sit down and wonder why God took you!
I know the answer and as simple as it sounds it was just your time.
You missed out on a lot and although my tears cannot bring you back ….
My heart still aches, and as I ponder what tomorrow will bring ….
I’ll finish walking down this treacherous road called life….
I’ll reminisce on the good times we had as father and daughter….
I’ll tell my children of a wonderful grandfather they had.
“With your farewell you take with you my heart”
I love you…….. hero in my life.
Dedicated to: all the Dads we have lost
Happy Father’s Day

No comments: