Wednesday, September 16, 2009

I Stand Beside Nature by Ms. Yasmin Moses

I stand on the floor that is man-made!

I breathe the air that’s supposed to be fresh and clear!

I walk on the rich green grass.

I sit next to a tired animal waiting to be heard!

As I live each day…I care for the smaller voices.

The ones who have no say!

The shrubs yell to be clasped by the hands of a caring-person.

The nature…we belong to yearns for help!

Time is not courteous…it does not stop!

I stand beside nature…

People walk by …looking, nearing to the end of the day!

The wall is as white as an angel’s wing!

The sky is blue as sea that is beneath me!

If I stand beside nature…will you see the face that it gives...sadness?

I stand beside nature worried, concerned, and frustrated

Like nature, I worry…what is going to happen in 20 years from now, to this place I call home!

Nature has no voice; therefore, my voice is nature’s voice!

No comments: