Monday, December 17, 2007

End of Year 2007

Wow! This year has gone by so fast. And yes, I guess I was having fun. I cannot deny how important it is for me to live everyday with a purpose. On the days I fail to define my purpose as I awake, I notice how different I feel. Living a life of purpose makes me very happy, content and optimistic. Everyday that I conquer a new obstacle or reach a new goal, no matter how small, I feel uplifted, worthy and confident. I believe every person needs to have a purpose, not a general purpose, but one that is clearly defined, that gives that person energy, hope and a reason to dream and to live. I suppose the best way to explain what I mean is to use a child as an example because children seem to have an incredible way of looking at life. My son plays little league baseball, as many of you know, but because of a knee injury, he suffers with a great deal of pain and therefore sometimes cannot play. When he cannot play, he is miserable and when I tell him he should just rest and wait until he feels better, he says, “Mom, I can’t wait; I live for this.” And so I ask everyone to think about something, anything that makes you feel like that, and once you have found that something allow it to fill your life so it can seep into every part of you.

In a few days my family and I will drive up to the mountains in search of a white Christmas. Going home to this place always makes me feel alive, and yes I must say “I live for this.” My heart pounds as in the distance I begin to see the hills, and then the mountain peaks and then I smell the wood burning and all around me becomes familiar. I know this place and my heart and soul remind me that I belong here. Oh yes home is anywhere as long as you feel that it is where you belong. I hope that you too have a place where you belong, and I pray that you and your family have a joyous Christmas and Happy New Year!

Best Wishes, Marlene Cueto

No comments: