Sunday, January 20, 2008

Christmas by Frederman Cano

Originally published in January 2007, Reflections Magazine

Have you ever thought what Christmas means to some people and what it means to other people? From past experience I have noticed that Christmas for some people means happiness yet for others it means sadness.

In a way, for some people Christmas makes them sad because they have lost somebody special, such as a special friend or a family member or because in the past they have lost someone special on that day. For other people Christmas could be happiness because they are with their entire family and they are spending time with each other and having a good time. As for me, Christmas is both happiness and sadness. It’s happiness because I spend it with my family, yet sad because part of my family is far away from me.

Christmas could be a time of year where you reflect what has happened in the past. You also decorate your house with lights and a Christmas tree. Another thing that Christmas means to some people is the time of year where you exchange gifts. In a religious way, Christmas means the birth of Christ and they spend it at church. Christmas is one of the best seasons of the year because it is full of joy and happiness.

As you can see Christmas means a lot of things; it could mean sadness and it could mean happiness. I just want to wish all of you a very Merry Christmas and I hope that all your wishes and dreams come true and may God Bless you.

No comments: