Friday, March 11, 2016

Much LIke An Iceberg by Aaron De Bellotte

  



Much like an iceberg, most of what happens in our mental processing happens under the surface, when our minds are under, unconscious. The clearest view into the working of our subconscious can be seen most vividly through our dreams.
         I'd like to share now a dream that as they do for us all, reveals details of our true character. It started at the peak of a spire, I vividly recall how full my eyes were from the breathtaking scenery. Rolling clouds, blue skies; sounds and visions of life. Allowing myself to be carried by the winds, I stepped from the spire; plummeting toward a ground which at present time could still not be seen. Though it was certain I was falling to my doom, I've never felt more alive. Even once the earth came into view, and I rapidly approaching, the fear of death had not yet eclipsed the sheer bliss of the moment. As a matter of perspective, I was diving to my fate; my reality however, I was moving at Godspeed toward revelation. Through miracle of mind more so than body, my free spirit sprung forth in ribbons of gold, taking physical form and blessing me with the power of flight. As if I'd been doing it all my life, my wings of light took to the winds in a manner that to all who beheld mirrored my happiness, as is the natural relationship of light and reflection. As also being the nature of things in the world, where there is light, there is shadow. The farther I flew, the more my mind was opened to the fact that my ideals of light had their limits. Steady flying overhead, I began to see the darkness manifest in the hearts of my fellow man; my brothers and sisters of the earth. Demons made their way into our hearts, doing all they could to snuff out the light we all held, and shared. Guided by greed, insatiable lust, wrath, gluttony; spawned forth came poverty, insecurity, fear, and despair. I bore witness to the face of suffering.
         No Longer could I stand by as dark forces spread through the world, unrivaled and unchecked. The only thing necessary for evil to endure is for good men to stand by and do nothing. The time had come for me to cast aside my selfish ambitions, my yearning for flight and freedom, leaving others to suffer. Time has come for me to land, join in the struggles of men, who at times can be such wretched things. No longer would I travel on the wind. I was left to walk the drenched soil. The soles of my feet stained with the blood of the fallen. I remained there on that cursed ground, taking in the horror of the desolation. I now knew,  that same light that carried me on the winds of freedom, I would harness to aid me in the protection of what is truly important. With this light of freedom, I carved my way through countless shadows to push back the cover of darkness over people's hearts.
         Through countless battles and scars I had come to understand that amongst those I have saved, that much if not more I had destroyed. Though I found myself spreading good and light in the world, I unknowingly became an agent of darkness in all that I had torn asunder. Then as dreams do, without a certain beginning, it had an abrupt end as I awoke to understand all the better the relationship of balance…of myself…of this perfectly imperfect world.

       

No comments: